It is the policy of PTC to commit to the promotion of equal opportunities in the work place as essential in the creation of a suitable working environment.
PTC Systems Ltd
Equal Opportunities Policy Statement
The aims of this policy are to ensure that:
- PTC is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience and different cultural perspectives available in a multi- ethnic and diverse society and where people feel they are respected and valued and can achieve their potential regardless of race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origins, sexual orientation, gender, disability or age.
- PTC will follow the recommendations of the Statutory Code of Practice of both the Commission for Racial Equality and the Equal Opportunities Commission and the Disability Rights Commission’s Code of Practice in Employment and Occupation, in all their employment policies, procedures and practices.
- No one receives less favourable treatment on grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, disability or age; or is disadvantaged by any conditions, requirements, provisions, criteria, procedures or practices that cannot be justified on any other grounds, or victimised for taking action against any form of discrimination or harassment, or instructed or put under pressure to discriminate against, or harass someone on the above grounds.
- PTC is free of unwanted conduct that violates the dignity of workers or creates an intimidating, hostile, degrading, offensive or humiliating environment.
- Opportunities for employment, training and promotion are equally open to male and female candidates, candidates from all racial groups, candidates with or without disabilities, candidates of any age, sexual orientation, religion or belief..
Selection for employment, promotion, transfer, training and access to benefits, facilities and services will be fair and equitable and based solely on merit.The policy applies to all aspects of employment from recruitment to dismissal and former workers’ rights. We will take the following steps to put the policy into practice and make sure that it is achieving its aim
- The Policy will be a priority for the organisation.
- The Director will be responsible for the day to day operation of the policy.
- The policy will be communicated to all workers and job applicants.
- Workers and their representatives and trade unions will be consulted regularly aboutthe policy and about related action plans and strategies.
- All workers will be trained on the policy, on their rights and responsibilities under thenew policy and on how the policy will affect the way they carry out their duties. No- one will be in any doubt about what constitutes acceptable and unacceptable conduct in the organisation.
- Managers and workers in key decision-making areas will be trained on the discriminatory effects that provisions, practices, requirements, conditions and criteria can have on some groups and the importance of being able to justify decisions to apply them.
- Complaints about discrimination or harassment in the course of the employment will be regarded seriously, and may result in disciplinary sanctions and even dismissal. The complaints procedure will be published in a form that is easily accessible.
- All Workers will be encouraged to develop their skills and qualifications and to take advantage of promotion and development opportunities in the organisation
- Selection criteria will be entirely related to the job or training opportunity.
- We will make reasonable changes to overcome physical and non-physical barriers that make it difficult for disabled employees to carry out their work and for disabledcustomers to access our services.
- We will take a flexible approach to working arrangements. We will consider requestsfor changes carefully and objectively and will accommodate them unless it would cause significant difficulties to the business or the employee.
- Information on the ethic and racial background, gender, disability, age of eachworker, applicant for employment, promotion or training will be collected and analysed, to monitor each stage of the recruitment process. The information will be held in strictest confidence and will only be used to promote equality of opportunity. Information about the religion/belief and sexual orientation of employees may also be monitored.
- If the data shows that people from particular groups are under-represented in particular area of work, lawful positive action training and encouragement will be considered for workers and others from that group, to improve their chances of applying successfully for vacancies in these areas.
- Grievances, disciplinary action, performance assessment and termination of employment for whatever reason, will also be monitored by gender, racial group, age, disability, religion/belief and sexual orientation.
- Requirements, conditions, provisions, criteria and practices will be reviewed regularly in the light of the monitoring results and revised if they are found to, or might, unlawfully discriminate on any of the above grounds.
- All contracts between PTC
- and contractors to supply goods, materials or services will include a clause prohibiting unlawful discrimination or harassment by contractors and their staff and by any sub-contractors and their staff. The clause will also encourage contractors and potential contractors to provide equality of opportunity in their employment practices.
- The effectiveness of the policy will be monitored regularly. A report on progress will be produced each year and published via the intranet, website, staff newsletter, notice boards and the annual report.
- Customers and clients will be made aware of the policy and of their right to fair and equal treatment, irrespective of race, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origins, sexual orientation, gender, religion/belief, disability or age.
- The company will draw up an action plan detailing how this policy will be implemented into practice.
Date: 02/06/18…………… On behalf of PTC Systems Ltd
WE HAVE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE