PTC Systems Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic Contracts Construction Manager to join our dynamic and growing major projects team based in central London.
You will act as the initial / sole QS within the team of project managers with the opportunity to grow a team around you in the future.
You will have a proven track record of project delivery and site experience, with a desire to join an exciting and rapidly growing group that now wishes to offer construction management services to its clients. Projects will largely be fit out up to the value of circa £5million.
Fit out experience would be beneficial however we are very focused on finding those with transferable skills from other sectors who wish to move into this field.
- Leading bid submissions and fee proposals for professional services
- Presenting / pitching to Clients for new work
- Stakeholder engagement
- Carrying out feasibility studies
- Measurement services
- Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Leading client, design and contractor meetings
- Supporting and running client tender / bid processes
- Value Engineering
- Undertake contractor / supplier valuations
- Prepare and issue payment certificates
- Manage change control & negotiate variations
- Project Reporting – providing advice and forecasts about costs
- Assist clients with internal financial reporting including cash flow forecasts
- Promptly review and recommend for Client’s approval Contractor Final Accounts
- Prepare Certificates of Practical Completion*
- Prepare Certificates of Making Good Defects*
- Prepare Final Certificates*
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities.
- identification of and participation in new initiatives that add value and improve the business
- The above JCT terminology is also to be read relative to the basis of project engagement and the contract forms being administered.
- Leading main contractor bid submissions and fee proposals for design services
- Design Team procurement including scoping and preparation of Consultant Appointments
- Main Contract and Subcontract procurement advice and tender strategy
- Undertake operational review of contract terms & conditions, with commentary advice
- Liaise with insurance advisers and advise on construction related insurances
- Liaise with legal counsels for negotiating amendments etc.
- Pricing schedule preparation
- Preparation & issue of tender enquiry documents
- Administer mid & post tender interviews
- Check tender submissions for errors, omissions, exclusions, qualifications, inconsistencies
- Client bid recommendations & presentations
- Subcontractor / trade package account procurement including scoping
- Cost management of subcontractor / trade package accounts
- Sub-contract documentation review & preparation of engrossments
- Ratify pricing and place orders with nominated suppliers and subcontractors
- Cost Engineering as required
- Pricing of variations
- Applications for interim payments and release of retention funds
- Monthly cost / value reconciliations reporting project and package
- Final account preparation, negotiation and agreement
- Out turn cost forecasting
- Post contract completion reviews
- Produce of works package scoping documents
- Review and challenge documents prepared by others
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems
- Discovering areas that are not in-keeping with regulation practices
- Offering direction and instruction
- Risk assessment
- Reviewing and developing operational process flows
- Ensuring that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
- Overseeing financial KPIs
Leadership – Cost / Commercial Management
The directors leading the commercial offering have a track record of delivering schemes, running major accounts, running / developing teams and building divisions together for major players within the industry. They are now extremely excited to be able to add to this newly established team during this serious growth period.
This is a permanent role
£55,000 – £65,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Package Benefits
WE HAVE THE RIGHT SKILLS